In general, there are 2 types of cancer treatment.
- Specific Area Treatment
- For treatment on the specific disease-ridden area.
- ・Removal of lesion through surgical means
- ・Attack on the cancerous area by radiation
- ・Light laser irradiation on the lesion
- Full Body Treatment
- For systemic anti-cancer therapy for more lesions found in patient.
- ・Anti-cancer chemotherapy drugs
- ・Activating immune cells by immune cell therapy
Diagnosis via Symptoms and Physical Examination
Cancer diagnosis is divided into many steps. The concept of Japanese cancer treatment is to “provide maximum therapeutic effect, with minimum damage to the body”. For this reason, a very detailed body exam and diagnosis is very important.
The first step would be to allow the doctor to have a detailed discussion with you (including: past medical history, current status, and family history), and then afterwards a complete blood test with examination and photographic results.
Main Examination and Diagnosis Methods
- Blood Tests and Photographic Inspection (PET/CT)
- To undergo detailed checks for cancerous parts in the early stages where symptoms are not present.
What is PET/CT?
PET, full name Positron Emission Tomography, is a type of positron therapy. PET-CT is PET’s angiography and multislice spiral CT scanning combined with one of the composite positron tomography, and its unique image fusion technology makes imaging clearer in identifying the nature of the cancer and correctly diagnosing its malignancy.
|Expertise||General Surgery / Plastic Surgery / Digestive Systems / Neuro Surgery / General Medicine / Circulatory / Respiratory / Dermatology / Rehabilitation / Radiology|
|Hospital Facilities||Nishi-Isahaya Elderly Care Center / Isahaya Nursing Unit / Nishi-Isahaya Care Planning Center / Nishi-Isahaya Support Center / Special Care Nursing Home/ Care Planning Center / Group Sanatorium / Isahaya City West All Support Center|